Amerita, Inc. is a specialty infusion company focused on providing complex pharmaceutical products and clinical services to patients outside of the hospital. This market is expanding rapidly and is driven by increasing healthcare costs that are moving patients into the most cost-effective delivery settings, a growing bio-pharmaceutical pipeline of infuseable and injectable medications, an aging population and the recent addition of a Medicare benefit for these products and services.
What is Specialty Infusion?
- Specialty infusion therapy services primarily involve the intravenous administration of medications that treat a wide range of acute and chronic health conditions such as infections, auto-immune illnesses, cancer, pain, multiple sclerosis, hemophilia and nutritional deficiencies.
- Medications are compounded in a sterile clean room environment, dispensed under the supervision of a local registered pharmacist and delivered directly to the patient’s home.
- Amerita coordinates visits by a registered nurse, the frequency of which is dependent on the treatment type and the patient or caregiver’s ability to safely administer the medication.
- These drugs do not fit into the retail drug distribution model as they are high-cost, may need special handling and require extensive patient training and/or administration by a clinician.
- Patients are generally referred by physicians, hospital discharge planners, home-health agencies and managed care organizations.
- We believe that specialty infusion is a local business. We work closely with our referral sources to build the trust needed to service their complex patient’s needs outside of the hospital.
- Our local model assures the responsiveness, quality and personal touch that our customers expect.
- Our growth plan calls for the purchase of small to medium sized home infusion companies that have excellent clinical and service reputations.
- We open branches in selective markets that increase our geographic coverage and our ability to service more patients across the country. As we continue to grow we take advantage of the purchasing and administrative efficiencies of a large company while keeping the entrepreneurial culture and local focus of a small company.
Mission, Vision & Values
Mission: Amerita is a specialty infusion company with exceptional employees that is dedicated to providing the best quality care and service in an ethical, sound, supportive and customer-focused environment.
Vision: We believe there is room in the marketplace for an entrepreneurial company that can combine the administrative efficiencies of a large organization with the flexibility and responsiveness of a local provider. We build our company by acquiring the best local providers in America and invest in them to increase geographic coverage and expand product offerings. We build a performance-focused culture that values teamwork and recognizes and rewards achievement. We accomplish our vision by attracting extraordinary people to the company and by empowering them to take ownership in their local business. We run our business profitably and ethically in support of the the communities we serve.
Values: The following values provide the foundation of our organization:
- Merit is at the core of our name. We know that we must provide high quality, personalized care to our patients every day to earn our customers' business.
- Extraordinary people will make us an extraordinary company. One of our most important responsibilities is to attract and retain great people.
- Respect for each other will create a culture where all voices can be heard and where people can work in a supportive environment.
- Integrity. We will conduct our business with high ethical and professional standards.
- Teamwork is important to our success. “Alone we can do so little, together we can do so much.” (Helen Keller)